Romancing in Africa
Contact us at 800-405-9463 to learn more about booking your Honeymoon Safari in Africa!
Honeymoons, Anniversaries or reconnecting with your partner…
Honeymoons, anniversaries and romantic connections are all about intimate lodges in breathtaking locations and discreet but special treatment wherever you go. We have secret places and unique ideas to make your most romantic dreams come true. And you can do it all surrounded by the glorious wonders of the African wilderness.
On our honeymoon safaris enjoy Big Five safari viewing in the wilderness where you get right up close to Africa’s majestic wildlife. In between activities watch the wildlife pass by as you relax on your own private deck. After a candle lit dinner for two on a floating raft in the middle of the Zambezi, enjoy a romantic bubble bath as you listen to the sounds of the bush as the wildlife comes alive at night, in the safety of your luxury safari suite. Complete your honeymoon with time spent on Africa’s deserted palm lined beaches.
Our Top Five Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in Africa
- Enjoy one of Africa’s up and coming hot-spots, Mozambique. With stunning beaches, excellent diving and magical offshore islands, a Mozambique safari is the perfect additional to your honeymoon. You could also include a night in the fascinating town of Maputo before heading to your beach resort.
- African beaches have become a hidden gem in the world of beach-side honeymoons. The Seychelles boast fewer crowds than Hawaii, the Caribbean or Mediterranean, adding to the feel of seclusion and solitude. It is not uncommon to have an entire sandy white beach to yourselves of a whole day
- Okavango Delta, Botswana
- The Okavango is the largest inland delta in the world, its labyrinth of lagoons, lakes and channels covering an area of almost 7000 square miles. The delta’s wooded islands and open grasslands surrounded by the parched Kalahari are a magnet for wildlife and one of the great game destinations in Africa. The Okavango is a unique destination because you can view much of the wildlife from a traditional canoe, a mokoro.
- Tanzania & Zanzibar
- The ease of combining a quality safari with the gorgeous beaches of Zanzibar, make Tanzania a favorite destination for honeymoon safaris. Take a hot air balloon over the Serengeti or sleep out under the stars in an open air tree house. Begin your romantic getaway in Tanzania’s stunning national parks and wind it down with a few days relaxing on Zanzibar’s white beaches and swimming the turquoise waters.
- Victoria Falls
- Enjoy open-fronted accommodations located right along the banks of the Zambezi River. Private bungalows and decks provide seclusion from other guests. If you and your partner have a more adventurous spirit, we can arrange rafting on the rapids below the Falls, bungee jumping or a micro-light flight over the Falls.
About Leora Rothschild, Southern Africa is her home away from home!
I am from South Africa (now living in Denver, Colorado). I spent years traveling through Southern Africa, taking groups to some of the most remote areas within Africa. If you have a question, ask me, I am certain to know the answer. We always try to incorporate those very raw, authentic and off the beaten path experiences into our clients trips as this is what I experienced growing up, traveling with my family to the bush, sleeping under the stars and sitting around a camp fire. To me that is Africa, not the large Game Lodges, not the fancy swimming pools (which certainly have their place ie. with kids) and not the focus being on food. Yes you will stay in amazing camps, eat incredible food and perhaps even have a pool here and there but focus should be first and foremost on the wildlife. That is what Africa is all about. I have a solid and incredible team who have traveled extensively themselves throughout Africa and are just delightful to work with. Between us we will plan an amazing wildlife experience for you whether you are a single traveler (we can join you on the right group), a honeymoon couple or a family. We will not disappoint!
To learn more about our Honeymoon Safaris contact us today. We can answer your questions, fill you in on any current specials and update you on local happenings in the wildlife areas within Africa. This is all we do all day long, we love it and we cannot wait to hear from you so we can get started on your Honeymoon!!
CONTACT US at (800) 405-9463 TO LEARN MORE