This boutique hotel is a stately double-storied 19th century Georgian and Victorian situated in the heart of Cape Town, just a short drive from the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Each of the fifteen bedrooms has been individually decorated, marrying a touch of yesteryear with contemporary chic and bohemian influence.
Originally a single-story Georgian farmhouse which was ‘Victorianised’ in the later part of the century, a second floor was added in 1912 using Ernst Seelinger – a renowned architect and builder of this era. The granite garden wall still contains the original iron work from the old quarry at the top of Kloof Street. Suite three used to be the old wagon shed and stable and the structure was awarded national monument status in late 1984.